Big Agnes Big House 4 LightWeight 4 Person Tent
Big Agnes Big House 4 LightWeight 4 Person Tent | Take the family car camping with the Big Agnes Big House 4 Tent for four people.
This large, spacious three-season tent features easy set-up so you can pitch it in a hurry and move on to making dinner for your hungry kids. Big Agnes made set-up a cinch with color-coded poles that both slide through sleeves and clip onto the main body and buckles that attach the fly.
Mesh floor pockets help family members stay organized, and a high ceiling means that you don’t have to crawl into this tent. When a storm rolls in, the fly keeps you dry, and a built-in welcome mat gives kids a place to stand or sit while they remove their shoes.
The Big Agnes Big House 4 LightWeight 4 Person Tent packs into a briefcase style carrying bag, so it’s as easy to pack as it is to set up. Split between two adults, you could carry this deluxe tent into the backcountry. A spacious three-season tent that’s easy to pitch, the Big House 4 tent is an ideal choice for family car camping or base tent sites.
Designed to sleep up to four people, the tent is made of lightweight polyester mesh and durable polyester ripstop, giving it a breathable yet insulating design.
The Big Agnes Big House 4 LightWeight 4 Person Tent comes with an easy-to-pack briefcase-style carrying bag.
To keep moisture out, Big Agnes added a durable polyester ripstop fly and a sturdy polyester floor, both of which include a 1,500mm waterproof polyurethane coating. The tent’s 12 mesh floor pockets help family members stay organized, so everyone has a place to stash wallets, keys, a cell phone, or a mini flashlight. And unlike many tents, the Big Agnes Big House 4 LightWeight 4 Person Tent sports a generous center height of 5 feet 8 inches. Why crawl inside the two large doors when you can walk?
It’s the quick-pitch design that really makes the tent stand out for families, however. Big Agnes’s blueprint includes lightweight aluminum poles with press fit connectors, along with color-coded pole ends, grommet webbing, and buckles that fit together quickly and seamlessly.
In addition, the tent’s sleeves and plastic clips easily secure the tent body to the pole frame. The upshot is a tent that pitches in a few minutes flat, letting campers swiftly move on to more enjoyable activities.
Other features include a built-in welcome mat that provides space for muddy shoes; a reflective guyline for nighttime visibility; a large skylight; and 14 superlight aluminum stakes.
The Big Agnes Big House 4 LightWeight 4 Person Tent packs into a briefcase-style carrying bag with organizational pockets and shoulder straps, making it as simple to pack as it is to set up. Shared between two adults, the Big House 4 is even light enough to tote into the backcountry.
The Big Agnes Big House 4 LightWeight 4 Person Tent is compatible with such accessories as an attachable vestibule that adds 52 square feet of covered space; a specially designed Big House 4 footprint; and the Trapezoid gear loft. All accessories are sold separately.
The tent’s 52 square feet of living space sleeps up to 4 people.
Big Agnes Big House 4 LightWeight 4 Person Tent | Specifications
- Floor area: 56 square feet
- Head height: 5 feet 8 inches
- Vestibule area: 52 square feet (sold separately)
- Trail weight: 10 pounds 13 ounces (poles, fly, and tent body)
- Packed weight: 12 pounds 3 ounces (poles, fly, tent body, stakes, guylines, stuff sacks, instructions, and packaging)
- Footprint weight: 1 pound (sold separately)
- Base dimensions: 100 by 96 inches (at widest point)
- Packed size: 26 by 4 by 14 inches (W x H x D)
Big Agnes Big House 4 LightWeight 4 Person Tent | About Big Agnes
Big Agnes is either a rocky peak in the Mt. Zirkel Wilderness Area outside of Colorado’s Steamboat Springs, a laid-back mountain-town mama, or dependable backcountry gear, depending on whom you ask. The Big Agnes founders think it represents a little bit of each and everything in between.
The folks at Big Agnes have spent a lot of time in the Colorado backcountry, giving them a deep appreciation of local history, places, peaks, and rivers. From the Cross Mountain, named after a Yampa River canyon known for classic Class IV/V whitewater, to the Encampment, one of the country’s most scenic wilderness river runs, to more obvious choices like the Divide Series, the company names its products after some of the most fascinating landmarks in the region. The spring runoff near Steamboat is also pretty spectacular, so Big Agnes included a few favorite creeks to its name directory, including Sarvis, Deep, Mad, and Lost Dog.
The fun product names complement a full catalog of well-constructed outdoor products, which include sleeping bags, tents, pads, duffels, and camping accessories.
- Three season, free-standing, deluxe car camping/ base camp tent. Two built-in storage shelves. Interior mesh pockets. Welcome mat on front door provides space for muddy shoes
- Lightweight aluminum poles with press fit connectors. Tent body is lightweight polyester mesh and durable polyester rip-stop. Tent body doors are polyester with 1500mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Fly is durable polyester rip-stop with 1500mm waterproof Polyurethane coating. Floor is durable polyester with 1500mm waterproof Polyurethane coating
- Sleeves and plastic clips attach the tent body to the pole frame for quick and easy set-up. All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane (No PVC or VOC’s) tape
- 14 superlight aluminum stakes included with tents. Reflective guyline for nighttime visibility. Color coded grommet webbing and buckles make set up easy
Check out more here: Big Agnes Big House 4 LightWeight 4 Person Tent